In 1949, American architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, drew the original plans for the clubhouse as a concept for a 7,000 sq. ft. luxury home in Fort Worth, Texas. However, the plans were never used.
It wasn’t until 1988 that the archived plans were enlarged and adapted to build the 74,000 sq. ft. clubhouse on the slopes of Waikapu, Maui. It was completed and opened for business in 1993. In July 2004, the property was purchased by the current owner. Renovation of the golf course and clubhouse took approximately 18 months before it reopened in May 2006 as Maui’s first 18-hole member golf club. The Art Collection currently displays works by Dale Zarrella and other renowned artists.
Visit ART COLLECTION